Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why I want to become a Astronomer

Because there is some really cool stuff out there. Don't get me wrong, I also think there is some really cool stuff to discover here on earth, but finding stuff in the sky is much cooler. Take the following image. A billion year old "Black Widow" Pulsar Ripping Through the Milky Way at 1 million kilometer per hour. How cool to discover this. But it's not only the discovering part. There is also the entire set of questions, the how, why and where is it going. For more on this phenomena go to the Daily Galaxy.
When I read the article I was especially intrigued by the transcriptional: "Yet the Chandra data show that this billion-year-old rejuvenated pulsar is an extremely efficient generator of matter and antimatter particles..." So that's where the Enterprise get's its fuel for the antimatter drive...


No comments:

Post a Comment